• This topic is locked This topic is locked
38 replies to this topic

#1 hans_gruber

hans_gruber

the wrong shape

• Moderators
  • 3,522 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 10:49 AM

well the big news here is it's been confirmed in a blog post by the man himself that the dog fighting module (DFM) will be deployed shortly after pax. not sure when pax is exactly, but we have a timeline again now that's a bit more than vague.

the other news today is a new progress update series from the various studios working on SC with it's 212 total workforce: https://robertsspace...t-February-2014

so we'll have something to dick around with very shortly, which if you haven't backed yet and are interested in doing so, remember that alpha slots are increasingly limited, but buy in starts at $40usd, and comes with the mmo game, the sp campaign, and private server access.

#2 hans_gruber

hans_gruber

the wrong shape

• Moderators
  • 3,522 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 02:27 AM

so last night CIG revealed it's dogfighting module, which will kick off player alpha. as i was noting to snoozle in skype, they either suck at writing the correct date for the stream or suck at timers, seems it was the former.

didn't help that the stream started nearly an hour late.

but once it kicked off it did so in a big way and they got straight to business.

what they showed was both buggy to the point of broken, crashing several times, mechanics breaking and so on, including a stream ending critical failure in the multiplayer demonstration, and amazingly awesome. star citizen is the real deal folks.

chris roberts also handled the bugs and heckling crowd gracefully. he must be the craziest motherfucker in the industry right now i reckon.

i'll post the video when it's up.

anyway, seems DFM is delayed at least a month. but what we'll get when it's deployed will be a solid well rounded set of ships and activities to derp around with.

#3 hans_gruber

hans_gruber

the wrong shape

• Moderators
  • 3,522 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 12:15 PM

here's the promised video.

#4 hans_gruber

hans_gruber

the wrong shape

• Moderators
  • 3,522 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 10:14 AM

the latest ship ad, this time for the trader ship the freelancer.

#5 Divinelysian

Divinelysian

Lieutenant

• Content Creator
  • 802 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 04:34 AM

My only experience with space fights is star wars battlefront 2 xD it looks amazing though... those graphs

~Divine~

Content Creater & Moderator of the Aion subforum.

If you have any game related questions, send me a message 

#6 hans_gruber

hans_gruber

the wrong shape

• Moderators
  • 3,522 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 04:39 PM

i had a chance to do some star citizen action before i left on vacation

#7 Divinelysian

Divinelysian

Lieutenant

• Content Creator
  • 802 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 08:24 AM

you should do more of these vids with facecam and stuff, make streams, test all kind of games, become youtube famous and get dat youtube money! :DD

you play the space thingy pretty well... Every time i was in space battled i always put the weakest weapons on... like spraying all over the place... even if nothing close xD

~Divine~

#8 hans_gruber

hans_gruber

the wrong shape

• Moderators
  • 3,522 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 09:37 AM

i had about 10 minutes prior stick usage in game before making that stream/vid, which is in another video. before that i haven't used stick in a game in over 10 years XD

quite honestly the stick is too sensitive, which combined with how they've set up mouse control makes the gamer a little fucked right now.

oddly elite dangerous controls are a lot better. but then ED has been in dev a lot longer than SC. still it's dissapointing that the controls are set up this way at all, and apparently the controls dev was saying he thinks he needs to buff mouse even more becuase people are so awful at it or something. which is like how can you be bad at it?

i mean i seriously got to round 6 on my first try with mouse playing one handed in about 30 minutes with no deaths until round 6. it's basically hacks.

#9 Divinelysian

Divinelysian

Lieutenant

• Content Creator
  • 802 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 07:06 PM

haha xD  well upgraded hacks are better than normal hacks ! Livin' dat cheater life be giving good lessons.  :sparkles:

ps: I never cheated in a game other than grand theft auto and age of empires  :sidefrown:

~Divine~

#10 hans_gruber

hans_gruber

the wrong shape

• Moderators
  • 3,522 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 07:40 PM

i  cheat in sp games all the time.

online games i am willing to RMT otherwise i only ever cheated beyond that in l2 near the end and aion and that was just bot- in l2 it was an experiment to confirm or deny who i thought was botting before by seeing what the bot software was capable of, and in aion it was becuase i was getting tired of the shitty combat combined with camp grinding (at launch when all the quests for each level gave you a whopping 20% or less of said level).

beyond that i don't really cheat at all.

but mouse controls is just how they've designed the game so far. it's basically hax but the real problem is it that it makes the game boring. and honestly they said they weren't going to do this style of mouse control and then they went and did it anyway which is frustrating.

#11 hans_gruber

hans_gruber

the wrong shape

• Moderators
  • 3,522 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 08:21 AM

so i've resigned myself to having backed freelancer 2 despite backing shortly after hearing chris roberts talk big about distancing himself and SC from freelancer and it's controls and combat.

which, pretty much as it stands and based on statements from both CR and the lead controls dev guy, it's pretty clear that the freelancer style assisted to fuck and back warthunder autopilot like mouse controls + freelancer style gimbaled weapons isn't as strong as stick, or is too hard to play right now, which makes me question if they are handicapped and/or even fucking played the game for five minutes in combat.

in any case, it is what it is, and i'll keep my pledge where it is in favour of readjusting my expectations and information diseemnination.

but if they are going to go with this, i do think they need to stop putting HOTAS/stick in promo shots where they are using mouse and keyboard or in visible places in videos and office shots if they are going to make it clear they don't fucking use them at all.

any time yousee CR playing the game as it is, it's never ever even once with stick or HOTAS. it's always with a console controller. always. every time.

mod note: noticed there were two SC threads made by myself on first page- merged them.

mode note to DK- do not fail me again.

#12 hans_gruber

hans_gruber

the wrong shape

• Moderators
  • 3,522 posts

Posted 25 November 2015 - 06:48 AM

kind of an interesting update:

i actually sold my packages earlier this year due to the mounting delays with lack of useful communication while continuing to do sales of concepts of $100+ day 1 dlc space ships with dubious and vague excuses given for it that were filled in in even more silly ways by fans, while hte fan community turned up the toxic to 11 perhaps surpassing the gw2 community as a hotbed of toxicity and viral marketting (though perhaps of different nature, where gw2 has the faux positivity, star citizen fans will often resort to a mix of crazy forum people cliches and a variety of outright nasty memes they share. when looking at sc threads on the internet note how often they call someone "spreading misinformation" for example).

so why update? i actually just rebacked this week as i had planned when substantial progress was deployed to our desktops (though it's only in their semi public invite only test server, which seems a little silly to have a test server for a paid to be included test perhaps? but there's all kinds of silly and overly defensive and over sensitive excuses for this behaviour as with anything else CIG does). so i am derping around in the wider available version this week, which no doubt everything in this version is changed in the upcoming version but nonetheless, fuck it i'm bored and might as well derp around.

so the flight model and controls are a big improvement over what i played nearly a year ago. mouse controls in this version aren't so hardcore freelancer style leading to a very cod in space feel, while stick is not so overly janky. the lining up the reticles on the lead indicator is a bit odd becuase of the size of each escpailyl the lead, and probably because of the power curve and my ships' load out being all lazers the NPCs feel like bullet sponges alot of the time (especialyl elites). and ultimately so far i largely get bored of the thing before i finish it and just exit out.

also it really irritates me that the game uses keys like home and insert, which i use for ptt and fraps/et al record toggle becuase typically no games ever use them.

#13 hans_gruber

hans_gruber

the wrong shape

• Moderators
  • 3,522 posts

Posted 07 December 2015 - 05:11 AM

first attempt at ptu yday... i think i have an idea what causes my ship to go full derpmode instantly when getting into teh driver's seat. so imma try removing that progressively today and might have new video to post in this thread that is more interesting in a less silly sense.

nonetheless, watch my mouse pad view as i eva and derp it up hard for 45 minutes LOL

#14 hans_gruber

hans_gruber

the wrong shape

• Moderators
  • 3,522 posts

Posted 09 December 2015 - 06:09 AM

#15 hans_gruber

hans_gruber

the wrong shape

• Moderators
  • 3,522 posts

Posted 25 December 2015 - 10:29 AM

finally got some working multicrew action going on. wooooooo

#16 hans_gruber

hans_gruber

the wrong shape

• Moderators
  • 3,522 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 10:25 AM

got into the same instance with a friend yday. the method for doing so is very not elegant at all. but with a few tries we got in. ended up doing some bad pvp and a bit of coop.

#17 hans_gruber

hans_gruber

the wrong shape

• Moderators
  • 3,522 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 09:56 AM

tumblr_o0l7zsvThi1rra33vo3_1280.png

tumblr_o0l7zsvThi1rra33vo7_1280.png

tumblr_o0l7zsvThi1rra33vo5_1280.png

tumblr_o0l7zsvThi1rra33vo2_1280.png

my birthday gift from my dad.^^

#18 Divinelysian

Divinelysian

Lieutenant

• Content Creator
  • 802 posts

Posted 08 January 2016 - 10:59 AM

Are you even an astronaut?

huehue

~Divine~

#19 hans_gruber

hans_gruber

the wrong shape

• Moderators
  • 3,522 posts

Posted 08 January 2016 - 01:01 PM

no i'm a star... citizen. comrade.

#20 Divinelysian

Divinelysian

Lieutenant

• Content Creator
  • 802 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 12:50 PM

is this ur fav game ?

~Divine~

#21 hans_gruber

hans_gruber

the wrong shape

• Moderators
  • 3,522 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 02:34 PM

naw it's jut teh game i've been playing the most of lately.

fave game that i'm not playing is probs gtao or wildstar.

#22 Divinelysian

Divinelysian

Lieutenant

• Content Creator
  • 802 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 04:10 PM

gta 5 online  is gtao ? 

~Divine~

#23 hans_gruber

hans_gruber

the wrong shape

• Moderators
  • 3,522 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 06:28 PM

ye ye boyeeeee

#24 Divinelysian

Divinelysian

Lieutenant

• Content Creator
  • 802 posts

Posted 13 January 2016 - 01:29 AM

i have gta 5 on pc !

~Divine~

#25 hans_gruber

hans_gruber

the wrong shape

• Moderators
  • 3,522 posts

Posted 13 January 2016 - 10:00 AM

i play it on a semi regular basis now and then. just log in and drive around and maybe do some wpvp. ofc its never long before hackers show up and start being asses to everyone qq.

#26 hans_gruber

hans_gruber

the wrong shape

• Moderators
  • 3,522 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 07:07 AM

they finally added a small degree of persistency, including some cosmetics, the ability to buy a limited number of gear items i think, and teh ability to grind out currency to buy them, as well as a death penalty.

video above is my last ship i've bought added to the hangar, which for some reason when i was doing the video the seats didn't work but did work in a previous inspection. basically the ship reorients itself to be sideways in space kind of like a bwing tho instead of the whole cockpit being on a swivel just the seats inside are. my version also is more heavily armed.

friend of mine was derping around this morning and ended up clipping throgh the walls of the station you spawn at. normally the game will kill you if you go through the airlocks without a space suit on but being able to just clip through the walls he was able to walk around in his civvies outside. http://imgur.com/a/QJdX2

#27 hans_gruber

hans_gruber

the wrong shape

• Moderators
  • 3,522 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 07:55 AM

ai has op cheaty weapons or something atm >>

#28 hans_gruber

hans_gruber

the wrong shape

• Moderators
  • 3,522 posts

Posted 19 August 2016 - 10:20 PM

here's teh games com 2016 gameplay demo. this is due in december but they're notoriously bad at meeting their own deadlines so don't hold your breath.

also decided to hop in game tn and really just wanted to check out the space suits you can buy, but then got curious because of teh above demo and hopped in my freelancer to see how op the guns were, and decided to see if i could take the bounty hunting quest to klill pirates for moneyz. and this happened.

and then i realyl wanted to check out my gun power but i guess i ended up pvping against a rogue player and the game's hit detection is shit and i have a history of hitting this particular asteroid because it's so dark. lol.

#29 NoYou

NoYou

Emperor

• Senior Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
  • LocationA land of sweets and joy .. and joyness.

Posted 20 August 2016 - 03:59 PM

Why did I buy NMS? :snowman:

#30 hans_gruber

hans_gruber

the wrong shape

• Moderators
  • 3,522 posts

Posted 21 August 2016 - 08:26 AM

Why did I buy NMS? :snowman:

for something that has more to it than star citizen has right now by a large margin? :D

that demo is supposed to deply in december, but going by the history of the project it will be months over due and incredibly buggy to the point of being broken for months after it does deploy :D

speaking of which i've been complaining about hit detection adn ttk in the game for the past 7 months with their newer ui/flight model/control model systems since around that period. i was informed and given a lead on what i was doing wrong in my last dogfight video tho, and it madea  massive difference. LOL i wonder how confusing this is for other people who play semi regularly and newbs alike, given my experiences with pvp behaviours of other players as well as coop sessions with guildies and irc friends. XD

setting to lead indicator makes more sense and is more traditioanl and therefore more intuitive. iddn't even bother to try the default lag pip thing again becasue even being told how to use it it's just fucking weird and awkward.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users