• This topic is locked This topic is locked
38 replies to this topic

#31 hans_gruber

hans_gruber

the wrong shape

• Moderators
  • 3,522 posts

Posted 29 August 2016 - 05:37 AM

had a gorup session with youtuber and irc friends. went looking for the new criminal reputation spawn point base. i guess it's hidden to some degree and not really super obvious how to get there even if you've got some super vague landmarks to pointin the right direction. XD

sadly my mic levels were down due to my usb hardware issues thing so my mic didn't get picked up and this is a fairly conversational video with 1/3 the chatter missing qq.

#32 hans_gruber

hans_gruber

the wrong shape

• Moderators
  • 3,522 posts

Posted 10 September 2016 - 08:41 AM

learned the ancient chinese secret to success in pvp in the game this week - ye olde circle strafe. seriously. lmao.

also for those that felt cheated that the above video with grimhex in the title didn't actually have grimhex itself:

#33 hans_gruber

hans_gruber

the wrong shape

• Moderators
  • 3,522 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 05:33 AM

recently a guildie randomly downloaded the game and invited me to hop in with him. it's a special week where they unlocked all ships for all backers for the week and we decided to dick around in one of the bigger multicrew ships, with me taking the turret. we ended up happening upon some random pvp in the process which led to some unusual (for me at least) gameplay footage - pvp turret action! :O as suspected years ago we see some of the same issues with turrets on ships we saw back in swg in the jtl expack (the space sim part of swg).

#34 hans_gruber

hans_gruber

the wrong shape

• Moderators
  • 3,522 posts

Posted 10 September 2018 - 01:56 PM

wowo it's been quite a while since i last posted a star citizen video so let's roll right into it

this shows the bounty system as well as the latest turret implementation designed to make turrets more pleasant to use (or less unpleasant to use, take your pick)

and something i do alot of video of is approaching and landing on moons which this moon is harder to land on than normal maybe extra so in a big ship like this and also got to watch my buddy play out a similar scenario... you won't believe what happens next!

#35 hans_gruber

hans_gruber

the wrong shape

• Moderators
  • 3,522 posts

Posted 10 September 2018 - 02:26 PM

so basically there's a handful of quests in game now of both combat and non combat natures, with the latter usually involving finding a box that won't be there or potentially contested by other players also on a similar quest.

handful of moons with impressively large and empty pcg surfaces that are looking better from space.

over 60 ships (i believe including variants) in game now and playable tho not obtainable through actual game play. tho they've made ship gear obtainable through gameplaybut it's prohibitively expensive not clear what what does and dissapears on death/anything that causes you to not be able to land you ship at a port or if you have to do the inusrance bug thing then it's gone then too lol.

supposedly the next big patch will expand into a full solar system instead of the gas giant sub system it's limited to now. this includes a planet with a large PCG city which some fans believe will be fully traversable or something despite CR having talked about no fly zones and limited play areas in these things.

for some reason there's a series of memes about the combat and flight models being utter shit but i have no idea wha tthey're talking about really. it's been much improved for a fair while now and generally pretty fun tho don't get alot of really great and decently even pvp in the pu atm just due to how big the map is what not, but pve combat has been improving in decent strides for a fair while now in particular so that's good.

#36 Nobody

Nobody

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 792 posts

Posted 10 September 2018 - 04:58 PM

well, I would hope it was better because it's been 4 years with a full dev team and millions of dollars... so ummmmm, yeah.

I'm very glad it's improved a lot.

flying.jpg

#37 hans_gruber

hans_gruber

the wrong shape

• Moderators
  • 3,522 posts

Posted 11 September 2018 - 03:52 PM

7 years if we count the year crytek spent developing the proof of concept (mostly just assets flying around an empty space in CE as seen in teh kickstarter video) that CR originally used to install confidence without the disclosure it wasn't his team that did it.

but 4 years of serious development yes roughly since erin roberts (yes his brother) got on board and steered the ship right development wise.

but yeah there's also a lawsuit from crytek that is making headway and discovery is scheduled so that could be pretty bad for CIG if their finances are put in the public light especially becuase they seem increasingly desperate for fresh cash this year.

anyways i am really quite enjoying the game in the current year since 3.1. feels like you can really see the foundations of the larger everything working together to a degree, tho without more permemennce of several weeks at most. and ofc with a shit tonne of bugs and breaking stuff all the time lol but also wayyyyyyyy better than prior years.

couple more videos, the 2nd one shows the barely and only half implemented power system doing it's thing where the pilot's maneuversare causing enough power drain that i can't fire my guns.

#38 hans_gruber

hans_gruber

the wrong shape

• Moderators
  • 3,522 posts

Posted 02 December 2018 - 06:21 PM

some of my own videos from the past few weeks. the game is mostly running wayyyyy better and more responsive than in the past. and it's generally progressed well over the past year imo. i actually very much enjoy simply playing to play right now within some parameters as knowing there are going to be wipes and being set up with a nice variety of ships i can fuck about without (long term) consequence and test different mechanics as they are added or changed.

i got  a mining ship this week @snoozle so i'll show some game play of that your way

#39 hans_gruber

hans_gruber

the wrong shape

• Moderators
  • 3,522 posts

Posted 28 June 2019 - 11:56 AM

buit late on this but here we go...

from six months ago. i don't think they've done alot of iteration on mining outside of economy stuff and adding heat mechanics to it along with every other ships.

and here's some gameplay from the most current version that's widely available. the incoming quarterly milestone patch is currently in closed player testing (lots of leaks out of this group tho) but that doesn't count until it's at least ptu/wide ptu if not live imo.

https://www.youtube....BY2v-K7S69cpShu

some of the vids in this are directly relevant to the next patch which will flesh out criminal/law and order stuff even more with some very coool stuff.

right now the primary road block/challenge/priority goal is server side ocs and server meshing which is critical to further development both for the single player game and the online portion. and basically touches just about every part of the game as well soo... but they do seem to be making progress in that direction and the game performance client side is really knocking it out of the ballpark for the most part.

which relevant there is this telemetry page. https://robertsspace...s.com/telemetry i know a fair number of (cough amd users cough)try to game it to make their hardware configurations look better than otherwise but none the less, it's pretty cool.

anyways while there's a tonne of work towards the ever vague launch point, they have taken on private investors who have board seats (tho cr maintains control) so the 2020 beta/launch goal for sq42 ep1 is more serious business than their past not even remotely met or realistic dates for that game. but on that note it's fair to mention that the past year and a half they have done a great job of hittin deployment dates (been slipping a bit lately but so far it's not been bad) - tho they release on date even if they move features back to future patches, and increasingly they';re deploying parts o fthe milestone content/etc in sub milestone patches rather than the Big Patch so to say.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users