• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 GamesJoblin

GamesJoblin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 25 April 2016 - 08:05 PM

Blasphemy! How can a Bond-movie tripping Goblin (??) dare appearing in this holy place? Shall we burn or quarter him first?

PS Hi folks <3

• NoYou likes this

#2 hans_gruber

hans_gruber

the wrong shape

• Moderators
  • 3,522 posts

Posted 25 April 2016 - 10:00 PM

hey sup joblin, welcome to our little corner of the internet.

you should on paper be able to post in teh rest of the forum now and in shoutbox! :)

• NoYou and GamesJoblin like this

#3 GamesJoblin

GamesJoblin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 26 April 2016 - 04:11 AM

hey sup joblin, welcome to our little corner of the internet.

you should on paper be able to post in teh rest of the forum now and in shoutbox! :)

Thanks! While you are here, can you tell me something about NPG's  stance on doubling vs necroing threads? I found your threads about Camelot Unchained & Crowfall, but I'd like to make ones with bit meatier OPs - say, like this. Would that be OK?

• NoYou likes this

#4 NoYou

NoYou

Emperor

• Senior Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
  • LocationA land of sweets and joy .. and joyness.

Posted 26 April 2016 - 04:41 AM

I usually kill goblins tho ò_ò

#5 GamesJoblin

GamesJoblin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 26 April 2016 - 04:44 AM

That's why I made a joblin, just in case o,O

• NoYou likes this

#6 NoYou

NoYou

Emperor

• Senior Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 26 April 2016 - 05:20 AM

Sounds like a rare goblin to me!

#7 hans_gruber

hans_gruber

the wrong shape

• Moderators
  • 3,522 posts

Posted 26 April 2016 - 06:13 AM

Thanks! While you are here, can you tell me something about NPG's  stance on doubling vs necroing threads? I found your threads about Camelot Unchained & Crowfall, but I'd like to make ones with bit meatier OPs - say, like this. Would that be OK?

um if the thread is older you can definitely feel free to give it that treatment in a new thread.

generally i'm the one posting all those game threads and typically my rule of thumb is if the previous thread is knocked off the front page and there's substantial progress i'll make a new thread (ie i tend to only check the first page of threads) or going from beta to launch making a new thread even if there's already a thread on the first page.

those aren't hard rules tho. just personal rules and suggestions from the mod. ;)

#8 GamesJoblin

GamesJoblin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 26 April 2016 - 07:37 AM

um if the thread is older you can definitely feel free to give it that treatment in a new thread.

generally i'm the one posting all those game threads and typically my rule of thumb is if the previous thread is knocked off the front page and there's substantial progress i'll make a new thread (ie i tend to only check the first page of threads) or going from beta to launch making a new thread even if there's already a thread on the first page.

those aren't hard rules tho. just personal rules and suggestions from the mod. ;)

OK, just BTW the botom of the front page (the one with CF thread) is sometime around 2014!?! Anyway, CU should enter beta "in a month or two" and I already made CoE thread, they are kickstarting in a week.

Sounds like a rare goblin to me!

Nah, just an ordinary joblin =)

• NoYou likes this

#9 hans_gruber

hans_gruber

the wrong shape

• Moderators
  • 3,522 posts

Posted 26 April 2016 - 07:51 AM

yeah teh games forum is 90% me blogging to myself, as i play games or here something interesting i wanna share here or vent or w/e bullshit it is this week. so teh forum is super slow. and like i said that's just loose guideliness mostly for myself in doing that sort of thing. YMMV and you're free to do what you asked if you could do at least from my perspective as lowly moderator :P

(even if i'm notentirely sure it's worth the effort, but again feel free XD)

#10 GamesJoblin

GamesJoblin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 26 April 2016 - 04:05 PM

Ah well, worth the effort or not... Everything counts, I guess!? And it doesn't take much time :evilclown:

• hans_gruber and NoYou like this

#11 NoYou

NoYou

Emperor

• Senior Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 27 April 2016 - 02:10 AM

Still hunting you.

• GamesJoblin likes this

#12 GamesJoblin

GamesJoblin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 27 April 2016 - 01:36 PM

In the darkest woods of Joblinvania, can anyone tell - who is hunter and who is prey... :qfox:

• hans_gruber likes this

#13 AionTemplar

AionTemplar

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 27 April 2016 - 03:22 PM

Hi Goblin welcome

• hans_gruber and GamesJoblin like this

#14 GamesJoblin

GamesJoblin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 01:27 AM

Hi Goblin welcome

giphy.gif

#15 Nobody

Nobody

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 792 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 07:06 PM

Are you the guy with the John Galt ref over on the Crowfall forums that was liking everything? At least I think it was there... I forget...

:qfox:

• GamesJoblin likes this

flying.jpg

#16 GamesJoblin

GamesJoblin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 29 April 2016 - 01:58 AM

Yep, I had some fun with that (you wouldn't believe how many people - and how! - reacted to that both in dedicated threads and in bunch of PMs). Was fun while it lasted, thou I still do a wave of likes when I feel like that.

PS email notifications don't seem to work here!? So far, I am "solving" it by having this opened in a tab and checking occasionally, but the time will come...

#17 Nobody

Nobody

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 792 posts

Posted 29 April 2016 - 06:28 AM

Thanks for reporting the notifications. I probably won't get to trying to fix anything until I upgrade forum software (which might fix it!) in about a month. Which I am dreading because all of the forum places have been moving to "service" models and that tends to make it harder to run things yourself in some ways lol

• GamesJoblin likes this

flying.jpg

#18 hans_gruber

hans_gruber

the wrong shape

• Moderators
  • 3,522 posts

Posted 29 April 2016 - 09:16 AM

historically email notifications on forum software tends to be at best pretty wonky.

i think every forum i've used and tried to use them for something they've been pretty iffy. i think the best iteration of it was aionsource for some limited time period when cynic was adminning and modifiying the fuck out of it.

• GamesJoblin likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users